Delicious Chocolate Cake Recipe

Hi my name is Ashton and in this post you will learn how to make and bake a delicious Chocolate Cake for your family. It is a fun experience for kids to make unless they’re mature enough to make it unsupervised. Children 9 and under should be supervised by a responsible adult. Lets get onto the recipe now, enjoy! (PS: You will need a Cake Mixer, Beaters that stick into the Cake Mixer and a Rubber Scraper)

Just a quick note: Before you start, set the oven to 180 degrees Celsius on Fan Bake (Ask parents if unsure)

Ingredients (Single-Mix)

2 Eggs
150 grams of Butter (Melted for 1 minute in the microwave)
2 cups of Flour
1/2 a cup of Cocoa
2 cups of Sugar
2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Soda
3/4 of a cup of Milk
3/4 of a cup of Boiling Water (Get parents to do this if you are 10 or under)
1 1/2 teaspoons of White Vinegar

Method

1. Once all ingredients are in the bowl, put the bowl onto the mixer and start mixing the ingredients together on 2 (Mixing). Mix thoroughly for about 2-3 minutes. If you were confused about the “2” in the first sentence, it means that you can turn something at the back of the mixer to the number 2. Make sure you mix the bottom and side of the bowl to scrape of all the Flour and Cocoa into the middle to get mixed so you won’t get any “lumps” or “chunks” in your chocolate mix.

2. Next, get a baking tray and spray it with Canola Spray and line it with Baking Paper. Then, pour the mix into the baking tray (PS: If you don’t have Canola Spray, use Margarine Butter). You don’t have to pour “all” of the chocolate mix in *I usually like saving “some” to eat later*.

3. After that, pop the cake into your Oven and set it for 45 minutes. While you are waiting, use the rubber scraper to get leftover chocolate mix from the bowl to eat.

4. Later, when the cake is done baking, check if it is ready by sticking a fork in the middle of the cake and pull it out. If it has little bits of cake on it, it isn’t ready yet so leave it for another 5 minutes. When there are no cake scraps on the fork (get your parents to do this), using mittens, take the tray out of the oven and place onto the stove and leave to cool for 10 minutes.

5. Lastly, Get a plate, cut a piece and enjoy your delicious Chocolate Cake!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed please leave a comment below on how you went.

Cheers, Ashton (Blog Owner)

2 thoughts on “Delicious Chocolate Cake Recipe

1. Hi Ashton, that looks like a delicious recipe – I will give it a try these holidays because Xavier LOVES chocolate cake 🙂
    Incidently, you may recall my dislike of round cakes and the difficulty of cutting them – I recently came across a YouTube video explaining the scientific way to best cut a round cake.
    http://youtu.be/wBU9N35ZHIw

By the way, I like the way you wrote these instructions up, and used a bit of humour throughout:)